Two CLC sail rigs for free in NW Chicago

Note to potential buyers:

I have two sail rigs that I built about 20 years ago, and haven't used in about 15 years.  Stored inside, they are dusty but should be solid.

One is configured for a stich and glue boat with flat panels, the other for a strip built.  Both might require cutting off the adaptor piece and epoxying on a new one.  Masts are a little whippy but light.  Sails are not very good.  I cut polytarp, and they are far to stiff for this size boat.  I have solid mahogony daggerboards for both and dutch tillers with strip built rudders.

They outriggers themselves are fair.  I was never satisfied with the deck/hull joints.   Ugly but functional.  Badly need sanding and varnish.

Each set is largly complete, but I suspect you will need some minor hardware and of course modifications to your boat.  I can provide documentation of what I did to mine, your milage may vary.  

They did work, although in high winds the centerboards want to kick up and when I really got going the bow started to pull under at high speed.   Windward performance was poor, but that is largly because of the sails.  

I consider them fully depeciated, so I'll give them away to people who will use them.  I'm located in the far north west suburbs of Chicago.

No replies have been added to this post.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.