Re: Just Dreaming...

Posted by ndeanmoseyjr on Feb 11, 2007

The operative word here seems to be "dream". Dreams are great things, to be sure, but it begs the question, "In your 20 years as a professional house carpenter, how many times have you seen someone do a great job on something that you do all the time for a living and because they do it right once, they think they know all there is to know about the business?" Who's the first person they call when they stumble upon something they don't know how to do? That would be YOU most likely. In my own line of work as a professional woodworker and finisher, I often see people who possess way more skills than I may ever have but those folks usually realize that what they truly enjpoy and have a passion for would likely not be nearly as enriching or enjoyable if they had to do it full time or had the constant weight of expenses bearring down upon them. If you have a dream that you are passionate about, by all means persue it.....passion can take you far. But if the passion isn't in your heart, you'll likely end up slaving away at something you should be loving but ultimately find yourself despising. Think long and hard. Good luck.

In Response to: Just Dreaming... by Ingrid H on Feb 11, 2007

Replies: