Yeah there's a term

Posted by Charlie Jones on Jan 14, 2007

for that. It's a method of sharpening, using fine sandpaper on pieces of plate glass. Will give you a razors edge, with a shiny surface. You can't even come close with that power sander.

The difference between a REALLY sharp plane or chisel and a just sharp one is amazing.

I'm a professional woodworker and boat builder and the only time I use my beltsander or other power sander on one of my plane irons or chisels is if I happen to hit a nail or something else that chips the edge.

In Response to: Re: Scary Sharp by Chris on Jan 14, 2007