R2K6 -Wood Kayak Rendezvo

Posted by Joe Greenley on Jul 19, 2006

Just a reminder to let you know that R2K6 � The West Coast Wooden Kayak Rendezvous is just around the corner � August 4-6 at Fort Worden State Park in Port Townsend, Washington. This will be the eighth year for the Rendezvous (I still have a hard time believing this � just seems like yesterday...) This is a very low key event geared towards family fun and camaraderie. Wooden kayaks from all of the designers will be well represented. If any of you would like to see a demonstration of any particular building or paddling technique or would like to demonstrate such, please know that you are certainly encouraged to do so � let me know so I can pencil this into the schedule. Port Townsend is a great community and really is the hub of most wooden boat activity on the west coast (fun shopping too for the family members who haven�t yet been bitten by the boat-building-bug) On a side note, for you music lovers, the annual �Blues Festival� will be taking place in town during the same weekend. Bring your kayaks and be prepared to have fun - see you there! The photo below is of the venue (thanks Ted Henry) in the early morning. Joe

http://redfishkayak.com/r2k5/action/images/r2k5act01.jpg

R2K6 - West Coast Wooden Kayak Rendezvous

Replies: