Re: Weenie!

Posted by Kurt Maurer on Jan 15, 2006

Joey, my little adventure was on Lake Houston, but it's pretty typical. The water temperatures in the G'ston Bay complex are hovering between 55 and 60 F these days, and it's a mild winter. The coldest the water gets is like 45 degrees. Between 50 and 55 is probably average. Air temps are all over the place, anywhere from 25 to 80 degrees F. Average for this time of year is probably lows in the 40's to highs in the 60's. But again, it's all over the place. Galveston got a foot of snow last Christmas (practically unheard of, actually), this year it was tee-shirts and flip-flops.

You're entirely correct in pointing out that most boaters are sitting at home by the fire at this time of year. Problem is, I much prefer to be one of them.

If you'll be coming down for the Bash early, you betcha holler me up! I'd be happy to try to put you on to a redfish, shouldn't be too difficult a chore. Be sure to shoot me an email a week ahead of time, and I'll be sure to keep up with the tides, trends, etc.

In Response to: Weenie! by J. Schott on Jan 14, 2006

Replies:

• Cool!!! by J. Schott on Jan 15, 2006