The Bash!!

Posted by Kurt Maurer on Jan 5, 2006

George asks: "Do you have any idea how many folks are going to show up at the bash yet?"

We never know what's gonna happen next at the Bash, are you kidding? Last year we dared to hope for as many as thirty boats, and got over fifty. And that was out at Inks Lake State Park, an hour northwest of Austin where there ain't nuthin. This year it's going to be at Huntsville State Park, which is smack in between Dallas and Houston. Plus, we're always learning of, and implenting, news ways of making noise about it. This year we're listed in the Events Calenders of every paddling/wood boat magazine/website we can think of, for instance. So we're daring to hope for as many as fifty boats this year. I believe we could easily get a hundred together if only we could reach every Texas wooden boat owner in Houston alone.

It's all a matter of getting the word out. Shoot, I still run into plenty of wooden boat paddlers who never heard of it, so help us spread the word whenever you can.

BTW, this year's event will also include a major big time Texas fly fishing guru who will give casting demonstrations (and offer on-site classes for like $20, normally $50-$80/hour) using handmade bamboo fly rods. Cool, hey?

http://www.outdoorplace.org/bash/Bash-2005-3_small.jpg

Texas Kayak Builders Bash 2006

In Response to: Re: Typos! My FAVE!! by George K on Jan 5, 2006

Replies: