Re: Pgymy vs CLC

Posted by RonC on Oct 3, 2005

John,

I've built 3 CLC boats and 1 Pygmy. Both companies produce a quality product. As mentioned by others in reply to your message, there is a better support group via this forum than through Pygmy.

IMHO, had I not had the experience of two CLC boats under my belt, the Pygmy may well have become the victim of a "Viking Funeral". I will say of the Pygmy (Osprey 16), it the lightest boat in our small fleet, weighing in at just over 38# fully outfitted, and it is a very fast and stable boat. We built the boat for my wife but I have paddled it with no problem, 6' 260#, sz 12 shoe. The sheer to deck attachment is not an issue, it's just different between the two manufactures. The butt joint vs scarf joint, again not an issue, just different.

We like all of our boats, CLC Mill Creek 15, Ches 17, Ches 18 and the Pygmy. Wouldn't say We have a favorite among the group, each boat is an individual in it's own right.

No matter which boat you eventuall decide on, the one thing you can count on is a great support group on this forum.

RonC

In Response to: Pgymy vs CLC by John Faas on Oct 1, 2005

Replies:

No Replies.