Re: ok, two more question

Posted by Dave on Jun 29, 2005

First, keep asking questions. Yes, they may be really basic to some of us who have been addicted to this lifestyle for so long that we can�t remember what life was like before, or for that matter do we care, but when we first started we all had similar questions.

Now, as for answering your first question, which I�ll do my best not to, after you have built at least as many boats as Kurt, and you start to get a fell for what the steps are, then maybe it�s time to possibly consider deviating from the original instructions -- this is to be read, �do as I say, not as I do�, as I started doing this on my second boat and I�m still ahead of Kurt but I think behind LeeG in numbers, and what I�m doing to the current build nearly has the designer ready wet his shorts � but until then it�s probably much better to follow the instructions. Don�t throw away the idea, save that for your second boat, but get this one in the water so you have something to paddle while you�re having fun building the rest of your fleet. The method in the manual for precoating has followers and others with a different view on life, and that coming from someone who will spend 6 hours carefully sanding a widget so it fits within .000001� then bury the joint in a �� filet.

And the long winded answer to question two, use the primer to find and fill small imperfections like pinholes, the rest should be sanded off.

Now I�ve got to get back to sanding if you don�t mind, Kurt�s fleet size is about to over take mine.

In Response to: ok, two more questions by Crystal on Jun 28, 2005

Replies:

No Replies.