Greenland Paddle?

Posted by Kurt Maurer on Jun 17, 2005

Heya Mac!

I got chastised several times over for including that stinkin' Euro paddle in the pics! What was I THINKING...?

I took this boat out on its first open ocean adventure today, and used the Greenland paddle for the jaunt. Now, either my technique finally kicked in in earnest, or this boat just WANTS a GP. Whatever the case, my erstwhile cedar 2x4 was simply SINGIN' out there amongst the wind and waves -- it was GREAT!!! My formerly beloved Onno might just collect dust fer a spell...

The boat is 18' x 21", btw, and with such a round botton, the waterline beam is probably more like 18" max. But she feels plenty stable, much more so than my Cormorant. In fact, there's only one boat I know of that's gives the Cormorant a run for its tips, and that's the K1. And no, I haven't had a chance to play with the K1 lately...

If you want to know more about how this boat performs, here's what y' do: wait about three or four weeks, then post again asking for a paddling report. Better yet, wait two months before reminding me... there's yer best bet for anything meaningful.

Cheers, Kurt

In Response to: Re: New Boat Launched! by Mac on Jun 16, 2005

Replies:

No Replies.