Wooden Canoe & Kayak Show

Posted by Harv on Jun 17, 2005

Dear Fellow paddlers and boat builders,

Do you have a new or vintage wooden canoe, kayak or rowboat? If so, show it off at our Wooden Canoe & Kayak Show. There is no charge to display your boat(s), but as a courtesy I would appreciate you register with your name, and approximately how many boats you will be bringing with me so we can reserve enough space within the festival grounds. As the web site says, this is a �Great opportunity to educate young and old alike about the beauty and craftsmanship of classic wooden boats.� Informal judging will be conducted and ribbons will be presented on Festival stage at 8:00 p.m. For more information and registration, contact me, Harv Olson at [email protected]

I would like to invite any and all of you who own, design, and build (or have built) wooden canoes, kayaks, rowboats or shells to bring your boats for display and informal judging during this years Ohio River Festival & Paddlers Expo on Friday, July 8th , from 3:00 to 11:00 PM. The Wooden Boat show will run from 3-8 PM but it�s best to come early and stay late � even camp overnight! Test paddle a new canoe or kayak. Buy a new or used boat. Bid on dozens of silent auctions items. Take a canoe or kayak lesson. Admire classic wooden canoes and kayaks. Enter to win a Chesapeake Light Craft, Chesapeake17LT sea kayak, that I am currently building in my shop, by buying as many $ 2.00 raffle chances as possible. Learn more about the Ohio River and what you can do to improve and celebrate it. Enjoy live music, tasty refreshments and paddling films under the stars! The stay for the Saturday races and the mass float downriver to Cincinnati�s Public Landing.

The festival will be held at the Four Seasons Marina, just east of Cincinnati at 4609 Kellogg Ave., Cincinnati, OH. From 3:00 -11:00 PM. Free Admission & Parking, Live Music, Food & Refreshments and free film festival.

The wooden boat show is sponsored by Chesapeake Light Craft www.clcboats.com

For all the information fit to print, go to www.ohioriverway.org/paddlefest/events/

I hope to see you there! Please let me know if you plan to bring some boats. Harv Olson [email protected]

Ohio Riverway

http://www.ohioriverway.org/paddlefest

Replies:

No Replies.