Thanks!

Posted by Karl on May 9, 2005

Just a moment to reflect.

When i first purchased a CLC kit, it was to build a boat that fit me better than the current mass produced boats that cost more$$$. The fact that it would also look better was a nice side effect.

I never realized some of the other things that would come out of it. 1. Cameraderie; The people on this forum are helpful, supportive, entertaning, genuinely interested in what others have to say, and a terrific audience to show off the fruits of our respective labors. Actually, I could honestly say, that everyone here feels like an old friend. The fact that I've never met any of you in person, makes litle difference. If I did meet any of you, I'd feel pretty certain that handshakes and smiles would abound. 2.Expression; CLC has done a great job creating a canvas. How we choose to create the art upon that canvas, is as limitless as our own imaginations. A smoothly sanded, painted hull and bright finished deck is a statement of simple elegance. Veneer work, graphics, different wood choices, airbrushing and so on, all add a another aspect to 3 dimensional, floating art. All are valid, all are a joy to behold. 3.Satisfaction; CLC designed the boat. Perhaps they made your kit, maybe you built from plans. Either way, it's your boat. The end result is your creation. 4. A lifelong hobby; Yeah, I'll build more. This is truly one of the most enjoyable pastimes I've ever been involved in.

Wow, all this and it's not even 9:00am! I haven't even said anything about paddling it yet. Thanks folks.

Replies: