Re: Digital Camera Advice

Posted by George on Feb 1, 2005

I really appreciate this thread, being in the same boat (so to speak). I've no experience with Olympus, but appreciate the comments. I'll check them out.

I take it most here are looking at a camera that will allow them to exchange lenses? I'd love to get a digital body for my Nikon lenses, but at present I'm more interested in a good digital camera that is compact enough I don't have to carry a suitcase to lug it and accessories around. The cameras I've looked at so far that meet that criteria are limited a bit by either megapixels or zoom limitations. I know Canon makes a 3.2 digital with 10X optical zoom; I would prefer a few more 'pixels, however, and have noticed the Sony line has a 5 megapixel camera with a Carl Zeiss lense, 4X optical zoom, and good shutter speeds with very little shutter lag. This years model, the DSC-V3, can be had for around $500 online; list around $700. The bargain may be last years model, now heavily discounted, the DSC-V1. Same lense, megapixels, but a bit smaller body and some variance on features. Can be had for $250 online. Anyone have any experience with these cameras? I don't know much about the CCD used in this model, either. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

In Response to: Re: Digital Camera Advice by Dave on Feb 1, 2005

Replies:

No Replies.