Re: rubber hatches

Posted by RogerJ on Oct 25, 2004

Peter, if by rubber hatches you mean the VCP hatches offered on this site they like a near flat deck to mount to. I plan to use the plastic inspection plate/hatch in my forw'd bulkhead. This is not so much for storage, the area will be hard to reach, but to allow ventilation when not in use. It can be filled with "floation" bags or the noodle type swim floats. I am building a decked sailing canoe, lots of beam but a narrow entry. RogerJ

In Response to: rubber hatches by peter shadbolt on Oct 25, 2004