Re: major wherry screwup

Posted by Howard on Aug 21, 2004

agreed...no problem if you paint it...just need to be sure that when you fill it, that you back up the bottom to prevent the epoxy/wood flour mixture from dropping down into the bow.

my preference would be to cut it out.

i have built a wherry...it is pretty challenging and a lot of work compared to the average kayak. so while your project has dragged...try to work in a way that you will enjoy the building experience...otherwise if you are not enjoying it i would not bother.

its supposed to be fun...and mistakes will happen...so for whatever its worth...mangling a breast hook or cutting a seat too short and having to redo it probably only rank 2 out of 10 in my book of the screw-ups i have heard on this forum....

the top three i have seen around here....

1) failing to put plastic underneath the table when scarfing hull sections together...glueing the sections irretrievably to the table....

2) finishing the boat...getting it half way out of the garage...stopping to retrieve something...and the closing the gararge door on your new creation....

3) when glueing up the sheer clamp to the hull panels...creating two left side panels vs a left and right...

anyway..i am sure our forum members can contribute their own amusing "major screwup" stories...

so relax.charley ....i am sure you are doing just fine.

hs

hs

In Response to: Re: major wherry screwup by Laszlo on Aug 20, 2004

Replies: