Requests for build?

Posted by FrankP on Jul 23, 2004

So I was working on my NorthBay in the front yard the other day and everyone was out in the neighborhood. I got lots of comments, but the ones from the kids always make me smile. One boy comes up and starts talking about it and saying it's cool that I'm making boats for myself and my daughter. He said his dad doesn't have the time to do that sort of stuff (which makes me sad) and then he looks at me a second and asks if I can make him one when I'm finished with the two I'm working on.

Actually several kids have asked me to build them boats or "help me build a boat" and one kid asked if I could build him an S&G gokart. How would that turn out I wonder?

I think I've come up with about 4 requests from kids to "build me one" maybe 20 to help me build mine, (from kids) a couple people saying they were considering similar projects, and maybe 10 or 15 asking how it's going, what it is, what it's used for etc. (One lady asked me the other day if it was for whitewater.)

Anyone else ever get requests like that from neighbors or just random people who happen to see you working on your boats?

FrankP

Growing old is inevitible, growing up is optional. Live well, play hard. (And build beautiful boats)

Replies: