Re: The Saga Continues

Posted by Charlie Tuna on Jul 1, 2004

Lee,

The fisheyes are a relatively new problem. But my initial applications of the epoxy were done without any sanding between applications.

The fisheyes I am seeing are small 1/16" to 1/4" spots where it appears the epoxy is repelled from something on the surface. I noticed when I first apply a coat of the epoxy that there are many small bubbles like the epoxy has dust or something in it. Over a period of about 5 minutes many of the bubbles will slowly expand and create a small crater or what I am calling a fisheye.

I am using the MAS Slow Hardner so I did not think it had a blush problem. I have added additional hardner and resin on two occasions to the orginal batch that I recieved from CLC. I seem to recall reading something about issues if you do not use your epoxy for extended periods of time. And thus wonder if the additional batches were old. I did notice with the last batch that the top of the container for both the hardner and resin had a foil seal. I would assume this would prevent any aging problems.

Charlie

In Response to: Re: The Saga Continues by LeeG on Jul 1, 2004

Replies: