Re: Rowing conversion?

Posted by Barry, NNY on May 3, 2004

Randy - Thanks for the reply. Jill's writing is actually what inspired me to buy the "Oarling" blueprints and do what I had been talking about doing for years. As I said before, my boat is heavily modified, in no small part due to the (all too few)photos in her book.

I'm toying with the idea of converting a CLC double in just the way you are considering. My hesitation comes from structural concerns about the central area - will a reinforced lip around the "super-cockpit" be strong enough to hold the curve? I suppose anything can be made strong enough with enough epoxy, but I'd be interested in your ideas.

Don't have any experience with the sliding rigger - seems like it would eliminate any "hobby-horsing". My sliding seat assembly is homemade from parts bought from Adirondack Rowing.

I'm envious that you know Jill and Doug - I worked for ABC as a photographer during the late 80's/early 90's at KIMO 13 on Tudor Rd. in Anchorage. It's fun to read her writing and be able to picture many of the places!

Look forward to hearing your ideas. Barry

In Response to: Re: Rowing conversion? by Randy Knauff on May 3, 2004

Replies:

No Replies.