On the water, when questions arise, there is no time to spend searching through an exhaustive manual. The Captain's QuickGuides provide all the answers--fast. Drawn from the world's largest boating library, each laminated QuickGuide presents 14 color panels of authoritative, concise information on a critical topic. This on-the-spot reference is ideal for boaters who need a convenient, accessible, and utterly streamlined information resource.
This Guide covers everything you need to know about knots, splices, and line handling.
- How to tie the basic knots and hitches
- How to splice three-strand and braided lines
- Rope characteristics and breaking strengths
- Dock lines and their uses
- Cleating and coiling line
- selecting the right rope for the job