Cedar-strip kayaks are admired for their beauty and functionality. Kayaks made entirely of cedar strips require a “strongback” and special molds, which translates into a lot of skilled labor and time. Why not combine the best qualities of stitch-and-glue plywood kayaks with the beauty of a cedar strip deck?
Build this boat if:
- You want the looks of a cedar-stripped kayak without the construction difficulty
- You weigh less than 220lbs and your shoe size is 12 or less
- You want a sporty, West Greenland-style kayak
- You prefer advanced handling qualities in all conditions, including waves
- You want a closer-fitting cockpit (like a bucket seat in a sports car)
Builders also looked at: