finally done w/17LT

Installed deck rigging Sunday.  Haven't launched yet but I do have an iPhone snapshot:

CLC 17LT, 2010-04-25

Thanks to forum members who've helped me out of my jams.

Note to new builders: when people recommend that you install foot braces (footbraces?) before installing the deck, take them seriously.  I was black and blue for a week.

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: finally done w/17LT

Let me be the first to congratulate you!  Looks great!  As I write this I'm putting on my tyvek suit in order to put the first coat of varnish on my 16.. wish me luck!

~Chris 

Looks Beautiful,

Great job

Congrats.

Ted B

Looks great, will try mine for the first time Sunday.

Dan-Fl

PS made the trip to Tampa today. 450 miles atop my VW with Malone carrier.

Successful trip.

Well done! Have a good launch.

Laszlo

450 miles!  I'm nervous about driving one mile to my lake, but I'll get over it (was traumatized a few years ago when my mountain bike fall off a cartop rack).

17LT on Calhoun

I don't see much on these forums about the boats after they get in the water.  I'm a total beginner, having paddled only a few times as a tourist, so take this for what it's worth.

I launched under moderate winds, and everything--including the boat staying upright--was iffy for the first few minutes, but after that I calmed down and even fighting waves across the deck I did not dump it, though I expected to, and man that first wet entry would have been the ugliest thing you ever saw.  Thankfully I'll do it in warmer water when it does happen.

This boat weathercocks, that's for sure.  A few times when I was out in the open in the wind and pointed the right way, man I'll tell you, I had to fight hard to keep a heading.  She really likes to stick her rear to one side and turn you in to the wind.

Towards the end of my trip I was using my feet more and had a better feel for the boat and things had improved dramatically.

And I was thrilled by how fast I could go.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.