Wooden boats as furniture

Why not turn it around - furniture as wooden boats?

8 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Wooden boats as furniture

And I thought you were going to post this for those who hadn't seen it.

Your pic gives me some new ideas for my next project!

George K 

I've seen the first picture before, but George, your picture gives me an idea.  We bought a lake house back in August and we have been looking for a table ever since.  George, my man, you have quite possibly posted the winner!

Jeff

Jeff,

You're in luck, the kit is available from CLC, just follow the "Wooden boats as furniture" link under "What's New at CLC" on the main page.

Laszlo

Laszlo, I am contemplating this model as my next boat.  I like not having to deal with any bend radii, anywhere anytime.  And the speed potential of a pure, unapologetic planing kayak with Williamsburg-style tapered legs.

My question is whether to go with the CLC base unit, or spring for the center extension.  I am 6 foot, 240 lb. with size 13 shoes. So the regular model should be fine, even with the  weight of camping gear.

The issue is that we always have the kids back in town for Thanksgiving dinner, and being able to extend the table would mean that our youngest daughter, who is 20 now, which we cannot believe! would not still have to sit at the "kids' table" out in the family room.

Thoughts?

Camper,

You might consider something along these lines for a large, and possibly growing, family. It uses tables, chairs, doors, darned near anything you might have laying around. You can even incorporate that children's table in it. Can't wait to see how CLC does this kit! Not sure I want the BETA version of it, however....

George K 

Somebody told me you can charter this craft in Tortola. It's pretty inexpensive, but each person has to bring a furniture item to add. The specs are obscure; engine is a 15hp Johnson, number of people it will accommodate has not been determined.

Jim 

Umm, Camper, I meant the 1/2-scale pram as coffee table kit. I suppose that if there's enough demand John would be happy to set up a kit on his shiny new CNC machine for you. If the center extension used the same technology as the take-apart Passagemaker dinghy, I'd be comfortable in going with it.

George, I'm not sure, but I think I may have been there in a dream

Laszlo

Not sure if I would want to find out what the sinking rate would be on the first model if the motor quite. I would think that a P.F.D. would be a good idea.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.