What is RSS?

I'm new to the forum. What is the RSS and how does it differ from the forum? SEEYA Jack

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: What is RSS?

Well, Jack, at Kennedy Space Center that would be the Rotating Service Structure that protects the shuttle when it's on the pad. However, I don't have a clue what it means here. That's a rocket scientist for you...

George K

Jack,

You gotta excuse George, he's a little punchy from driving for most of 4 days since Thursday. Once he's had his nap and stretched his legs he should be fine. RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication and it's a set of formats used to feed data on the web, like podcasts. I guess that means we'll be able to subscribe to the forum from our cell phones (if we have cell phones).

Laszlo 

Thanks Laszlo and I excuse you George SEEYA Kack

iGoogle

Greetings,

I use iGoogle as a home page. Have my mail, the weather, etc. there. The RSS option easily allowed me to include this forum.

John 

RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication" and is a protocol that allows web and mobile applications to receive updates from the source automatically.  It's similar to an email bulletin system but doesn't require active management by the sender.

Basically it's just a way to get updates on what's posted without having to come to the forum web page and view it directly.

FrankP 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.