reef or drop clc kayak sailrig underway?

Is this possible? I didn't see anything on the site about how the sail was put on, and not seeing a halyard, I presume it's just slipped over top the mast?

I know a few people here have moved to a klepper rig, can they be dropped or depowered while at sea?

Thanks. 

-- James

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: reef or drop clc kayak sailrig underway?

I have the Klepper rig on my my kayak and the short answer is yes, you can lower and raise both sails while underway.  

The long answer is; while you can raise and lower the sails, if you use the rig as-is from the factory you would have to stand up in the cockpit in order to lower the main and devise some way of keeping the jib from going in the drink.  I slightly modified my rig so that I can raise and lower both sails without even having to pop my spray skirt.  I would like to put a small roller furler on my jib, but the system I have in place works fine for now.  Feel free to email me if you want any extra details on my modifications.  

RE: reef or drop clc kayak sailrig underway?

Probably should have put my email in there, it is casey at keakayaks.com  (no spaces and replace the at with @)

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.