What about Skerry "Hull Weight" ?

How 'bout the Skerry folks?  Has anyone weighed the finished 94-lb "hull?"  I don't have a clue as to mine, but with a spec'd payload of 450 lbs, and the added weight of the sail, spars, oars, rudder, I wonder what the "actual" payload is under sail, just with the basics.....and two 150-lb people on board?  It then becomes more of a one person boat, no?  Will appreciate all comments.  Thanks, Bob H.

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: What about Skerry "Hull Weight" ?

I haven't weighed my hull, but I've moved it a lot over the past 5 yrs and I would bet it's pretty close to the design weight.  I also have a sunfish hull that I heavily repaired and I know that is 120 lbs and I also know my Skerry weighs less.  So, I'd guess my hull weighs between 100 and 110 lbs.

There is no problem with two adults in the boat either rowing or sailing even if they are both considerably more than 150 lbs, so I really don't think you'll have a problem.  Three adults in the boat is ok when rowing, but there just isn't much room for three adults to sit comfortably when sailing. 

- Bob

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.