first time builder and first time poster here
I am building the chesapeak 16 and just did the end pours today. Long story short. I overheated and cooked the epoxy in the second pour. I am using the mas slow hardener but because it was cool today and it didn't seem to want to kick, I put some heat on it from a portable space heater. That worked well for the first one. The second pour didn't go as well. I used the heat right after the pour was in place and after 15 minutes it expanded and smoked and turned kind of granular. I was watching as it happened so I grabbed a stick and pushed it down best I could. Seemed like the cooked part was only about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep so I mixed a small batch of epoxy and did another pour over the top. Now I'm wondering if I should have removed the cooked stuff and then re-poured??? I hope it will be ok.
Thanks for your thoughts