Finally done

S & G SW 17I wish I could make this picture larger but I am still trying to figure the Flicker stuff out. I built the SW 17 S & G. It turned out way better than I anticipated it would. I am very pleased with the final result. Of course I notice all the imperfections but all of us do. I plan to build the Artic Hawk next then try a hybird Night Heron. I got her out on the water yesterday for the first time, she is a fast !
I learned a lot on this  Forum and appreciate all the help and adivce everyone gave me. I'll post some better pictures when I figure the Flicker thing out. I know it helps all of us to see the final prodcut of what others build.
Mark
DSCN0646

17 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Finally done

My picture post is not working right. I will work on the problem and see if I can figure out what to do.

Please hurry up with those photos, Inky!   My Shearwater 17S&G is a tad behind yours, just awaiting top-coating the hull and sheer panels after the second of two primer/ undercoats.   I'm anxious to see yours, but from that postage-stamp sized pic it looks good.

Cheers...

Wordsmith  

Mark,

Is this your boat? :-)  Nice job. The picture problem was caused by the thumbnail getting posted instead of the actual picture. Next time just trim the "_t.jpg" file name suffix to ".jpg" before posting  Really pretty boat.

Laszlo

Thanks Laszlo, I put the same picture on but made it too large but now I know how to do it from the information you provided. I will post more pictures this evening. Thanks for putting the larger image on for me, looks a lot better than the postage stamp I submitted.

Here she is on the water

I posted a picture of the hatch cover because I wanted to point out an error I made. I cut too far down the shear panel when cutting the opening. The white you see (under the hatch cover ) is the weather stripping I used to seal the hatch ,which by the way works great. You can't notice it when the boat is on the water or just sitting on the ground but upon close inspection can see it. I tried to post some addational pictures but still am having problems learning how to do this. My advice to a first time builder like me is  ...... TAKE YOUR TIME, which is hard to do but pays off in the end.

This is what it is all about !

That looks like a very well-earned look of satisfaction and pride on your face, Inky - well done: nice job, (nice house, nice lawn too!). Wordsmith

Thank you for your kind words. I look foward to seeing pictures of yours on here when you get it finished.

Pssssst, Inquiry123,

You're, ah, er, ahem, mumble......

......holding the paddle upside down.

http://www.seven2.com/

I was posing for the picture not paying attention. But I am a grown up  so it does not bother me too...................much, although embarssing to some degree but that is ok.

Just teasing, I've got the same paddle and EVERYONE who paddles it does the same thing. (maybe it supposed to be that way)

Also, a great looking boat. In my mind, the absolute pinnacle of taste in boat finishing is a bright deck and painted hull. You've definitely nailed it.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.