My Mill Creek13

Today was launch day for My new kayak, the Mill Creek13. My first kayak to build, from the Stitch and Glue Boatbuilding by Chris Kulczcki. I also used the book, Kayaks You Can Build, by Ted Moores & Greg Rossel. Two execellant books to help get the job done. I'm one happy Kayaker. Thanks! CLC and Staff. Sincerely, James Berkland from Aurora,Il. 

9 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: My Mill Creek13

Jimmylee,

pictures please...its tradition here.

congrats on finishing...lets here the details, hours of sanding, epoxy mixing, and late night varnish marathons.

happy paddling and may you find calm waters.

cheers

Jon

I would like to put pics here but I don't know how to do it. I have pics on my computer,and I can e-mail pics but how am i to put on here?

some have trouble posting pics...i did. so some get a Flicker account or post them on MSN pics and then just send the link here on the forum for us to click to. we built a MC-16 last year and just completed a WD-12. its a great hobby and very satisfying when you float by those plastic off the shelf jobs...

jon

The deck is walnut in color and the hull is tan. I used Benjrman Moore paint, acrilyic latex. I have 7 coats of varnish on the deck and three coats of paint on the Hull. Sanding??? It took 6 weeks to build Her. I think I spent half of them weeks sanding! West System Epoxy is tough epoxy. I sanded until my hands would get numb. After a while I got use to sanding, knowing that my kayak was getting closer to being done.  She LOVES the water. I can tell!  

Boatbuilding is more chemistry than carpentry. post those pics or a link soon so we can all ooh and ahh over your efforts.

jon

Jon, I like to show off to those plastic kayaks. They are heavy and they look bad along side one of our wooden classics. Just my opinion. Jim

Yes I will learn how to post pics tomorrow. I have a friend that is going to help. Thanks Guys

here is my Wood duck-12 on msn live photo. this is how i got around posting individual pics on the forum

https://cid-3d8b1d0065f1f759.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Wood%20Duck%2012%20project

jon

Here are the pics. www.flickr.com/photos/jimmylee2009. and them click on photostream and bing go.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.