A few bullets from Saturday:
* WOW – my wife already has plans for us to go next year, especially if at Matapeake.
* Superb craftsmanship from home builders, even from inches away. And Nick Schade’s craft would take your breath away.
* These same builders would explain how they built their boats, the mistakes they made, and how they corrected them. Very approachable, knowledgeable and patient.
* PocketShip and the other sailboats were busy all day.
* Lots of entertainment. John’s fiancée rolling her mother into the drink (they were both laughing and were paddling double in a Mill Creek a few moments later) and the many attempts to ride the Kaholo in rough water (a few came back wet, but their smiles suggested they had had fun).
* You would expect the CLC staff to be cordial (and they definitely were) but the attendees were also friendly and helpful.
Imagine 100 yards of small boats, and you could try almost all of them in a perfect spot. A wonderful effort by CLC. I sincerely hope Okoumefest 2009 was successful for them because it was most certainly enjoyable for us. (And yes, we have some new CLC kits to build.)