Microboottlegger with outriggers and rig ?

I love the shape and beautiful look of the Microbootlegger. I envisage to add outriggers and a sail. Would it make sense ? Would it be necessary to strengthen the inside of the hull ?  

The boat would navigate on a lake, not sea.

Many thanks for your advices.

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Microboottlegger with outriggers and rig ?

Hello everybody,

No ideas concerning the Microbootlegger with outriggers ? Is it a stupid idea ?

Kentaro,

I thought it was hilarious. First you say "I love the shape and beautiful look of the Microbootlegger", then you ask about completely changing the look. I know it's no worse than adding a sail rig to a Mill Creek, but something about the phrasing struck me as funny.

But, speaking of adding a sail rig to a Mill Creek, I think that might be the closest analog and many people have done that successfully.

I'd say the best thing to do is get in touch with CLC's support staff and they could probably give you a better answer than you'd get here.

And I'm laughing with you, not at you.

Laszlo

http://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/kayak-kits/micro-bootlegger-strip-planked-tandem-kayak-kit.html

Note the info at the end of the boat's description. It clearly suggests it can be used/modified for sailing.

Thank you so much for your answer, Laszlo. It really adds much value.

Do not be afraid, I am not so stupid as I may seem... I will not modifiy the look of the boat. You laugh, but you do not know me. I believe that I have suffiicient experience in design and understanding of what is a nice shape (at least for me and some other people..), in order to let me draw something which will be sufficiently nice (again, at least, for me and some other people...).

Therefore, I let you laugh, its good for health...

Thanks, Birch, I had seen this sentence concerning the possibility of a rig, but they do not say anything concerning any required modifications...

It appears to me that CLC sells just what you would need:

http://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/wooden-sailboat-kits/touring-kayaks/clc-sailrig-kayak-canoe-sailing-rig.html

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.