New Builder Help

Been lurking for a while & now need some help.

I live in North Central Fl. & looking for someone in the area that has built one of CLC kayak that I could see & maybe give a test run. I am looking to build one of these:

Wood Duck 14, Wood Duck Double, Mill Creek 16.5, Sea Island Sport, or Chesapeake 17 LT (this one is my last pick)

As a 67 yr old would like something stable as it's main use will be fishing. If you are willing to help please contact me.

Thanks Mike

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: New Builder Help

I live in Fleming Island just south of Jax and have a 17LT that you can try.  I have done a fair amount of kayak fishing and agree that the others on your list would be better for that due to their open cockpits.  The 17LT has great stability and would be a good choice if you have to cover any distance because it would be much faster.  Email me mcnye(at)bellsouth(dot)net if you want.    

There's an often-overlooked search function on this forum. Go back out to where you signed in (use the "Click here to get started" at the very top of page once you're logged in). When you've logged in, you'll see a box marked "Search the Builders' Club." (Important: This isn't the same as "Search the forum.") Clicking that brings up a matrix where you can select the boat modets in which you're inteterested and add your zip code at the bottom. Give it a try.

This is a safe way to connect with some of the 20,000+ builders of Chesapeake Light Craft boats.  A good way to see a boat or meet boatbuilders in your community.

Your email address will not be visible to anyone---so no spam or ID dangers---but other registered users will be able to contact you directly through the Club.

Hi Nancy,

I notice this search function does not support Canadian postal codes. Any chance you are able to add them in? It is even more difficult to see your boats in the flesh here and yet I am sure many exist.

Thanks

Cameron, I've enquired about the postal codes and the answer was "no".

I'm on Montreal Island. I'd be delighted to meet folks in Upstate NY / New England / Eastern Canada. My first build, a NE Dory, should be in the water in a few weeks (at least in rowboat form). We're hoping to sail her around the Montreal archipelago, the bigger Adirondak lakes, and eventually the Maine Island Trail.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.