NE Dory

Just want to show off a decent picture of my NE Dory. I started it at the dory class in Annapolis in Sept 2012 with David Fawley, instructor. I slowly completed it and got it wet in June 2015. Since then I've enjoyed sailing it and tweaking it in South Florida. Two major things that I added and can highly recommend are spacered inwales and lazyjacks. I'd like to thank CLC for a great design, a great kit and great support.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_I64ZPuUqYfbFJSd25qVG9feEk

George C 

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: NE Dory

Great looking boat. The first think I noticed were the risers since I just made and installed a set on mine. Lazy jacks are great aren't they! Is that a chrome cleat on the bow with chocks? I'm tempted to put that on mine but I have all brass or bronze fittings so far and haven't found them yet.  Enjoy- you made a fine dory.

RE: NE Dory

Yes that's a chrome cleat and chrome guides on the breastplate. That's what I had at hand at the time, I found that with a decent paint and varnish job it's really hard to make the NE Dory look ugly. I did resist changing from traditional fittings but got to the point that I wanted to get the project finished. I found that the boat still looks great. I modified and added several other things such as attaching blocks and cam cleats to the mast partner to run the sail lines aft. Again, the boat looks great and I get numerous compliments whenever I take it out. By the way, I found most of the ideas on the forum so kudos also to those that have posted details on their building experiences.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.