NE Dory: sliding and fixed seat rowing.

I'm building the NE Dory soon and currently studying the plans. Someday, I would like to add the sliding seat, but I don't know what that involves. Is there any alterations, such as with the flotation foam, that I should do when I built in anticipation of the sliding seat option?

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: NE Dory: sliding and fixed seat rowing.

I am adding the sliding seat to my NE Dory, now just getting ready for the outer hull fiberglass. When I ordered the Pantiodosi sliding seat rig , I had to specify whether it was with or without the rowing rig. Mine is without, and that means it has no dagger board box in front of the second seat (from the bow), and the rig fits onto the second and third seats. I'll let you know when I get to the point of installing the rowing rig, but I think they are custom designed for each boat, and they pretty much drop in without any alterations to the boat. I got my oars from Concept 2, and ordered the Bantams which were $410 including shipping to Eastern Tennessee.  

Hope you build goes well. I have really enjoyed it, and it is a process of persevering and overcoming a few hundred little problems, and maybe a handful of bigger ones.  Building wooden boats is a great thing to do! Good luck!

RE: NE Dory: sliding and fixed seat rowing.

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know how the sliding seat installation goes. I'm planning on starting with the basic NE Dory rowing set-up and hope to install the sliding seat arrangement a year or more later. If there is anything I could do ahead of time to prevent more difficulty later on, I would appreciate knowing. Please keep me posted. Thanks.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.