Who has had trouble convincing their wives that the boat wont sink?

Funny story, my wife helped me install the dagger board trunk in my Dory yesterday. When she found out I was about to cut a big hole in the bottom of the boat she became convinced that we were going to sink the second I launched it! I tried to explain the physics behind it, I even went so far as to make a little science demonstration with a paper cup in the sink. She accepts it but I don't think she will really believe it until we are out on the lake for the fist time!

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Who has had trouble convincing their wives that the boat wont sink?

I'm pretty close to being on your wife's side. Nothing scared me more than cutting that hole into the bottom of my beautiful dory. Oh, I knew that if I did everything right, the daggerboard turnk would be attached firmly and securely with no leaks. . . . But I didn't like the "if"!

Oh I understand, I just cut that hole last night. It went well but I was a white knuckle experience.

You could just do it backwards - instead of building a hull and cutting a hole in it, start with a hole and build a boat around it. Much less scary :-)

Laszlo

If you want quizzical looks after you've managed that, try explaining to your good ladies how submarines & aircraft wings work !!! :) :)

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.