Peeler Video?

Are there videos on the build of the Peeler Skiff?  Is is basically the same as watching the CLC kayak stitch and glue videos?  Anyone have any thoughts?  Im new to stitch and glue but fairly well versed in fiberglass.  Want to make sure I am not getting over my head.

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Peeler Video?

The same techniques and procedures are used building the Peeler as the stitch and glue kayaks. The main difference is there is a lot more of it. Also, the boat near completion will weigh over 300 pounds so you have to plan ahead so you won't have to flip it more than once. I built mine resting on mover's dollies (Harbor Freight) so I could move it around to give me better access in my garage. 

My only other boat building was a Wood Duck 12 and if I can do it anyone can.

did you build it in a normal size garage bay?  That is my hope?????

I have a 20 X 20 two bay garage with columns down the middle giving me a 9 X 19 bay to mork in. The dollies let me move the boat around to make room when my wife isisted on having her car inside. 

Now it's on the trailer so no problems.

Just having mine powered and it's due for sea trials this week.  Will post pictures soon, it looks alot like Catboater's.  I had done some simple woodworking/carpentry and refinishing, no fiberglass work or boatbuilding. I completed it (including a center console) in about 10 months and I'm delighted with it.  I worked in a single garage with some of the space taken by cabinets at the end.  I also used movers dollies to move it around and got the neighbors to help me when I had to flip it.  Good luck.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.