Shop workstations

I have been watching the shopcam, the sailing canoes are coming along nicely.  I was also noticing the several different types of workstations that are in the shop.  Do you have some pictures of each of the workstations, and their purpose/use?  If not, this would probably be a good subject of a video or online article.  Please let me know what's out there on these.  Thanks!

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Shop workstations

I've seen a pic of the dedicated epoxy pumping station using the commercial grade pump system, which is really nice if you plan on doing more than one boat at a time.  I can also imagine a drill press, miter saw station, band saw, router table, etc.   

That's some good advice CaptainSkully, thanks!

I have most of those tools in my shop already. I was just noticing the specialized stations in the shop/classroom when watching the shop cam, and was hoping that John, or someone from CLC could do a review of sorts regarding the use of each, and some design elements in case we wanted to build one for our own shops.

Hey Alan,

They're super-busy over there running a really lean operation.  Somewhere on the forum months ago was a pic of the epoxy pumping station.  I think it was the West System one.  I was tempted to get a version I could afford at around $70 for my PM build.  It was just on a plywood/2x4 table, covered in spills,drips, etc.  Probably with some waxed paper on the work surface.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.