new skiff design?

The shop cam shows a neat little flat bottom skiff abuilding. First thought was of the Jimmy Skiff, a Bevins Skiff, an Argie 10 Skiff.....but the seat supports do not resemble any of these. A new design perhaps? Can't tell if it has a sail or power boat transom. 

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: new skiff design?

That looks like a smaller version of the Peeler.  Before building mine I asked John for a Peelerette.  While the Peeler fit, just barely, in my shop it took five guys to carry it out on the diagonal.  It would be nice to have a boat 6 - 12" narrower in beam and 1 - 2'  shorter, that way I could roll it single handed into the shop to be cleaned, painted etc. during the winter.  I had to do some epoxy touch ups this year and it was early May until our first day >60.

Maybe this will come to pass after some of the other new designs have been released.  I would probably build one, after mu Nanoship.

Jeff

Speaking of Nanoship, off all the way to the right is the 1/2 scale Nanoship sitting in the full scale Nanoship. It's giving a lovely demonstration of the scaling law that says reducing every dimension by 1/2 gives you 1/8th the boat.

Laszlo

A prototype sailing/rowing/power skiff. No timeline on release of that design. We've got to finish it, test it, improve it, test some more, send out BETA versions, make more improvements, and then...(drum roll)...create an instruction manual.

Bob, you've suffered more than most over our sclerotic new-product roll out schedule...  I'm endlessly wringing my hands over how much time (and money) it takes, but I've never been sorry for taking the time to get it right...

John,

What are the current dimensions?  Any idea of the safe load capacity?

Jeff

I thought it was a new design. Looks like a great addition to the CLC family.  So glad John is being honored at the Wooden Boat Show.... Lots of pictures please of the many CLC craft on display you folks able to attend.

Is that a double dagger? 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.