Eastport pram transom doubler height

I'm slowly working through my Eastport nesting pram kit, and I've noticed that the transom doublers, both fore and aft, are slightly taller than their respective transoms.  Once epoxied together, this leaves the bottom of each doubler's "T" hanging slightly below the bottom of each transom.  Is this normal and expected?  I feel like this is going to cause a small gap between the bottom panel and the transom once stitched and glued together.

Thanks,

Dave

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Eastport pram transom doubler height

This happens. Just trim them off flush with the transoms.

George K

RE: Eastport pram transom doubler height

I'm an EP plan builder and I noticed the exact same thing.  I believe this is due to the fact that the transoms are angled outward and the doublers have to be a bit longer to reach the bottom panel.  Just trim to fit and you'll be fine.  The large fillets will take care of the rest.

BTW, I noticed while buidling mine that there's a difference of opinion on when to attach the doublers.  Being a first-time builder, I followed the manual, but that caused me some extra work downstream.  When building my TAPM, I'll be adding the doublers to the transoms before stitching the boat together.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.