Faering Cruiser Okoumefest Water Debut

The Faering Cruiser is making it's debut on the water tomorrow at Okoumefest. Until now, it's always been a static display at the shop. For those of you who can't make it to Kent Island tomorrow for a ride, I've put up a new section in my boatbuilding pages describing my Faering Cruiser Hvit Skygge. It has sections about sailing, rowing and sleeping aboard.

As I use the boat more, there'll also be section on modifications, wear and maintenance. For example, adding quick-disconnects to the lazy jacks.

Enjoy,

Laszlo

10 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Faering Cruiser Okoumefest Water Debut

A good read Laszlo, thank you. I do like the Faering cruiser and I'm sorely tempted but a) I don't have a workshop so the build would be testing, b) I don't have a car for towing it around and although I live only 2 minutes walk from the Eastern Mediterranean/Aegean moving it around and having somewhere to store it when not in use would also be an issue. But the coastline around here is just made for a boat like the Faering. I like rowing and whilst not the best sailor around I think the boat would make up for my deficiences. 

As I said, I'm sorely tempted. 

Yambo,

Moving and storage is definitely an issue with a boat this size. I keep mine on a trailer at a marina, and that makes it the most expensive boat I've ever owned. It would be perfect for a home on the waterfront with a large shed or boathouse.

Laszlo

Added an Okoumefest page to the Hvitt Skygge website.

John caught this shot of the row back to the boat ramp as the storm was coming in. Darn good thing he's not eligible for the photo contest.

Thanks again to the CLC crew for a fun day and sympathies for their work at the end. It was bad enough to load one boat when the storm hit, I can't imagine what it must have been like to do the entire showroom.

Laszlo

Lazlo,

I wish you many years of enjoyment with a beautiful and capable boat.

Cheers,

Dick

I noticed on another thread Laszlo that you think the rowing seat needs padding. I not only on the water in my Skerry but have a C2 rower in the house and can confirm that rowing is usually sore on the bottom. I have a couple of seat pads but the most used one is the Concept2 seat pad. This one:

http://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/accessories/seat-pad

I always use it in the Skerry. I have another gel seat pad which is OK but doesn't have holes for the pelvic bone so is not as comfortable. I bought it from Canada a long time ago so don't have a link although I'll try and find one.  

Thanks Yambo.

I've got some closed cell foam, I'll try making a pad like that .

Laszlo

I enjoyed meeting you at Okoumefest and getting a good look at the  Faering Cruiser. I just wish I had realized you were offering rides. That would have been fun, especially if I could have crawled down below. It's a neat concept for long cruises. Maybe next year.

Sorry I didn't make that more obvious there. I'll save you a spot for next year. Was good meeting you too and putting a face to the name.

Have fun,

Laszlo

Is your Faering Cruiser for sale?

Sorry, it is not for sale. 

Laszlo

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.