Shipping a boat

I estimate I'm about 3 weeks away from finishing my Passagemaker pram.   I live in Phoenix Az, but the boat will be used in the Chesapeake.  Any recommendations for transport companies to ship the boat? I contacted a moving company and they wanted 2000lbs minimum and boat transport company thought $750 was a fair price.  Yikes!!   

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Shipping a boat

I've had good luck with this website.  You can ship anything anywhere:

https://www.uship.com/

Hooper Williams - Brevard - NC 

That's a 2700 mile trip (one-way). The IRS lets a business deduct $0.54 per mile as the cost of driving, so that's  $1458.00. Your boat company only wants 1/2 that, so I can see why they'd think it was fair.

That said, with some care you can split the cost with someone else headed the same way. It looks as if that's what those guys Hooper recommends are doing.

Good luck,

Laszlo

Man, am i lucky to live in a small country (netherlands).

���I dont know anything about this website but someone told me about it the other day: https://www.roadie.com/

I can understand that boat shipping topic on a boat forum is always a hot topic to discuss and i think to start posting on topic on which i have some knowledge.

So i have been doing boat transport since last 7 years. 

Service which i prefer is Citizenshipper as they done good job and also they operate near my town in ohio.

So after years of shipping i want to tell that You will be required to pay for tolls when transporting boats across state lines. You will also be required to provide many custom forms that involve paying certain fees So read more about it.

Also Shipping companies that are well insured have protection on their cargo in case of an accident. Insured shipping companies are different based on the coverage they provide.

Hope it will  help one's who look to move their boat.

It fits on a car. Just deliver it yourself.  Sounds like a great road trip.  

The $750 will seem a lot smaller. 

I used u-ship to move a 16 ft canoe from Phoenix, AZ (Mesa area) to Syracuse, NY for less than 500 a few years ago. Granted that was a lifetime ago as far as gas prices are concerned, but it was the cheapest I'd been able to find by far.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.