Shearwater hull on the Sport

Installing the Sheer Clamps and according to directions you need some over hang in the middle and none on the ends.  How do you handle the curve at the bow last 8 inches?  Any thoughts?

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Shearwater hull on the Sport

can you post a picture of what you are looking at and confirm what boat you are building?  and if its from plans or kit?

sheerwater stitch and glues don't typically use sheerclamps in their construction.....

Almost finished with my second SWS. Don't use shearclamps. Sand the edges for tape, put thickened epoxy in the bevel on the last foot of the ends, and stitch the hull and deck back together. I usually follow by tacking the hull/deck seam. Then fillet and tape that seam. The SWS goes back together pretty easily. JRC.

Sorry for the confusion this is the SHearwater Sport 14 Hybrid.  I'm building from a Kit and I'm on page 27 of the manual.  Will take a pic of the issue area when I get home and post.

CLC to  the rescue,  a little steam and a bit of mussle and the wood bent to the shape required.  Thanks for all the input will make sure to add model and details in further entries.

CLC to  the rescue,  a little steam and a bit of mussle and the wood bent to the shape required.  Thanks for all the input will make sure to add model and details in further entries.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.