WD 10

I've got a litlle less than a 1/4" gap between the sheer panel and the deck at the foward deck form upon completion of wiring of the form to the deck. I've tied and untied but can't seem to close the gap. It is tight before and after that point and it almost seems as though I need to shave some of the sheer before and after to get a tighter fit but don't believe I should have to do this or should do this.

Question. Is it ok to think that this gap can later be closed with tack welding and filleting and fiberglassing or should I not proceed until this gap is closer---somehow? All else is good including the hull which I thought went together much better than this deck portion.

Thanks

Tom

Thanks

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: WD 10

Did you bevel the edges? Can you post a picture or two?

Laszlo 

You're right. Beveled everything else but didn't think it was necessary per the directions/diagram but it does indicate to bevel the sheer panels. BUT, it does not indicate a need to bevel the deck. Is that how you saw it?

Thanks Laszlo

Tom,

I don't remember about the beveling there. It's been over a year now and that's one spot I seem not to have photographed. I built the WD12, and for me the deck went together more easily than the hull.

Is the deck maybe curved too tightly around the form? Again, a picture would help, if you could post one.

Laszlo

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.