First Joints

Well I finally told myself I'd better get started and epoxied the first 4 joints on my Annapolis Wherry tonight.  Built a small plastic tent and have a halogen light on inside to keep the temp warm enough.  We'll see how they look tomorrow after the 24 hour cure time.

I thickened to my percieved "mustard" consistency. . .almost like a thick icing that can still run ever so slightly.  Hope it works!  Decided to just do these 4 joints just in case I need to make an adjustment to my technique.

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: First Joints

Good luck!  Maybe I'm just culinarily challenged, but sometimes I did have concerns over "mustard" vs. "mayonnaise" vs. "peanut butter" consistency.  :-)  I think I wound up with a thinner "mustard" by the end than at the start, but the "peanut butter" fillet consistency got thicker as I got used to working with it.  Go figure!

RE: First Joints

Looks like the joints are strong. . if a couple are a little messy.  I'll have to scrape and sand a little to get them nice.  Using the same techniques I went ahead and glued up the rest of the joints.  Same tent setup seems to be working great!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.