21 foot cabin cruiser DIY project (from scratch/ no kit)

Watch video clip here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j-_LhAdhuI

We set out to fullfill our dream of building a boat over 20 feet and with no plans and a handful of wood from Home Depot we did just that. Say what you want about our building process, or lack of professionalism, but the final product speaks for itself. We had no written or drawn up plans besides a scribble with dimensions on it, and we spent roughly $750 all together on materials. The entire process took roughly 45 days to complete. We cannot thank our friends and family enough for their support through the process and allowing us to fullfill our dream, and cap off the best summer in history. We built this boat to inspire others to get off their phones or video games and do something you have always wanted to do. Life is too short, so spend your money on things that you can experience and enjoy the process along the way. Life is a party!

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: 21 foot cabin cruiser DIY project (from scratch/ no kit)

Guys, very cool! Congratulations on getting on the water in 45 days. Next step will be the plans and kits for everybody else who wants on the water that quickly!

George K

Awesome!! Any plans for a motor or sail?    

Stevie,

I was very impressed with the whole project.  However, the thin planking scares me to death.  An angry sea lion could poke his nose right through it.

Have fun,

Dick

Super cool.  

It is good to be young and foolish.  Frightfully there were litterally millions of people who sat in front of their screens all summer instead of pushing forward on something.

Full speed ahead!

I think this is great! SF is once again a hot bed of youthful radical thinking. Will it float? Only time will tell (see The Farm, still floating after 45 years)   

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.