Wood Duck Fishing Setup

​Well I finally got the time to do a shakedown of my fishing setup for the Wood Duck 12. I thought I would share it for forum users that may want to fish in their WD. The setup includes fishfiinder and transducer, 2 rod holders and paddle clip. The key benefit is that it is 100% removable so when I want to just take a paddle I can leave it all at home and it doesn't effect the clean lines of the WD. Suction cups are my friend here. Rear shot. Battery is 7.2 AMH - 12V. Weighs 3#. Suction cup mount (Ram) direct to sealed battery. Cradle is a 1/2 piece cut out of a plasic 4 x 4" fence post and secured with velcro. Transducer arm is 100% custom thanks to my engineer Dad but gives an idea of ways to do it. Suction cup is a modified Airhead. BTW the 20' tranducer cable on the Lowrance is wraps around perfectly under the combing twice. Plastic clips slide under combing with foam tape to protect surface. The bungie cord is placed under combing and pulls the console back (keeping it in place). I hope this gives WD anglers out there some inspiration on possible setups! Contact me (in builders form) if you would like more information on setup. 

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Wood Duck Fishing Setup

Interesting. I have been considering something along the same lines but to act like a bit of a spray deck and cup holder and sus shade for paddling on hor summer days when a spray skirt isn't really needed.just shaped to slip under / onto front of coaming 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.