Cheap Advneture island sails for other projects

I built a CLC kit trimaran recently and then tried to find an affordable sail with really no luck.  I really like the Adventure Island sail measurements and configuration but I couldnt find a used one and new is ~$650.  As an avid sailboat racer i have used Intensity sails on 2 Lasers and 3 Sunfish rigs and they produce a very high quality sail.  So much so that the factory sail seemed inferior to the Intensity sail which caused some problems in the fleet.

But anyway, I was on Intensity sails website today and see they have an Adventure Island sail for $159 w/o battens.  I have not purchased one yet but plan on doing so very soon.  For those of you looking for an affordable sail for your CLC built trimaran this might be your ticket.

I plan on using an old windsurfer mast for this project which are widely available and dirt cheap as well just FYI

I will post a follow-up asap.

Intensitysails.com

BTW I have no affiliation with this company, just excited to find a sail I can afford for my project boat and wanted to share..

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Cheap Advneture island sails for other projects

Thanks for the tip, I am finally building my CLC sail rig also.  

Did you order the sail from Intensity?  If so, any thoughts?

Also, any idea of a good source for battens?  It would be cool to figure out how to make roller furling work.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.