Peeler cleats

Has anyone put cleats on their Peeler?  If so, best spot to install?  Or are the U Bolts in the transom and bow the way to go?

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Peeler cleats

I put the U Bolts in the transom and bow and was going to put a cleat on the top of the breasthook.  But if you install a cleat, you may also want to put on rope guides.  After using my a few times, I have decided to leave the cleat, etc. off for now.  I hated to distract from the nicely varnished breasthook and also don't know if the cleat will cause wear points in the cover. The U Bolts seem sufficient for tying up to a dock and anything else I might want to do.  The U Bolts are almost essential for trailering.

Jack

I put all three U Bolts in.  I would hate to put a cleat on the breast hook.  I was thinking maybe modify the inwale a little bit and install two sets of small Pop up cleats fore and aft.  Like maybe fill in the spacers with the same wood material and maybe build it out a bit as well.   But, I think you are right and the U Bolts should suffice for tying up to the dock or anchoring.  Less hardware the better!

The included photo show the hardware installed on the breasthook of my Peeler (prior to adding a u-bolt to the stem for hauling onto the trailer).

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.