Non-Boat Applications Of Stitch and Glue Methods?

Had a "duh" moment while driving our motorhome today....there is no good cradle made for my cell phone and I'm sick of using blue tape to tape it to the dash,  plus I want it mounted directly on the top of the dash so I see it over the top of the steering wheel to watch the navigation but need access to the right side buttons in case a call comes in...so Duh...it would be a very simple project to make a nice looking cradle out of 1/4" plywood lined with felt with a nice large base and a couple pieces of velcro to hold it in place, plus I could transfer it to our Honda Element that we tow when we drive it, or make a second one.  Could really go nuts with fillets, epoxy, paint, varnish, etc. Would be the best looking cell phone cradle in any RV park!   

Have any of you made non boat related projects using stitch and glue methods?

Curt

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Non-Boat Applications Of Stitch and Glue Methods?

There's this one that John's doing, of course:

In regard to your phone cradle, Curt, just be sure you think through all the crash dynamics of the thing. What with the sudden decelerations and accelerations during a wreck, it could turn into a deadly missile, interfere with airbags, become a skull fracturing target, a source of flying splinters, etc. Be aware that having your hand in the line of airbag deployment is a source of major injuries (fractures and amputations) during airbag deployment, so keep that in consideration when setting the location.

Be safe,

Laszlo

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.