New Shearwater Sport and beginners notes

Finally on the water

I just finished my first kayak.  I took lots of notes and pictures which I hope will someday help other beginners.  I could never have done it without reading the blogs others had done.  You can read the notes at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LRaAXR0wo1dCFLwK90ftcHzJvmAON-dYzXOMtOr-lUg/pub

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: New Shearwater Sport and beginners notes

Lovely boat, great notes! The Shearwater Sport is my first (and only to date) build, and it was fun going through your notes and remembering how I pieced mine together. This will be of great help to other builders, no doubt.

Nice job...enjoy!!!

I just started a Shearwater Sport build last week. Your notes and comments add a lot to the CLC instruction booklet. You made me rethink a couple of steps I was not satisfied with, and your suggestions about taking your time and being picky made a lot of difference. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks very much for this!  I am halfway through my first build, a Shearwater 17.  Reading through your notes brought back all the steps I have been through, and previewed what is yet to come.  I think the experience of first-timers is invaluable to other newbies. 

Enjoy your kayak!

Alec

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.