https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l7g3scc0h61m6ts/2pNuj3GIz1

From plans.

Regards,

Nick 

Nova Scotia

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Finished Kaholo 14

Are those fins staggered or is just my imagination ? How about in the middle is that a long fin box?

The fins are shaped from the plans but I added the FCS tabs and placed them where the plans indicated  - no they are not staggered but I just looked at the photos and I see what you mean  - photo illusion.

The centre fin box is just that, a long fin box.  The surfer in me went for the set-up, and I may surf it just for a laugh, but the only real use for the centre fin would be to use a single soft fin in shalllow or river water and really the spec fins dont draw much... 

I took a look at your Kaholo build when I was doing research - nice job.

Nick

Really nice.  I like the mods you made.  How is the bungee secured to the deck?  Did you build in leash holders for the anchors? 

I also like your handle mod.  I've always thought the center handle on my board is a weak area.

Nick,

Very nice. Is that the breather tube incorporated in the handle?

George K

Tim. George  - Thanks

Tim you are correct the bungee and the painter are held with surfboard leash anchors. I planned ahead and put round discs of plywood (on the underside of the top panel before bonding the top skin down) in those spots and premarked the centres with a deep punch hole so that it would remain visable after sanding  etc.

The centre handle is reinforced and then oversized drilled and filled with epoxy.  I drilled for the screw and then used a heated (very hot) screw to tap the hole.

The other T handles make carrying in the wind (2 people) and sketchy launches easier.

George - Yes the breather tube is incorporated in the handle.  I sinkifexed the tube into place in the final assembly.  I am hopeful that the bend in the handle will be enough to keep it dry inside. If it fails I can seal up the hole in the deck and try another method.

With any luck it will be in the water this weekend.

Nick

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.