Rice paper image

Get close to finishing up on the deck of my SHearwater Sport Hybrid. I was planning on Printing an image on a piece of rice paper and then applying to the deck. Any recommendations on type of rice paper?

Applying to deck? Take image aplly to sanded deck. Coat with epoxy. wait till it drys or no before glassing the deck?

Any suggestions would be gratly appreciated .

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Rice paper image

While this has been discussed at length on this forum, my impression is that rice papers vary quite a bit (thicker, thinner; plain, textured) and the specs noted online don't always clarify these qualities. Seek out a local source if you can in order to see what you're getting first hand.

My $0.02,

Patrick

Make sure the printed side is facing the deck. I've heard of the images being smeared once they come in contact with epoxy. Hope to see some pics. of the process, good luck!

Went to the local art supply store to get some rice paper. The only rice paper they had was in a big roll.I went with bleached mulberry because it was recommended by one of the employees. Hopefully this will work.  I'm surprised I wasn't able to find some indepth info on the net.

I bought a roll of rice paper at Michael's.  I've used both ink jets and color laser printers but prefer lasers because of the crisper images.

I also print my images "inverted" on the rice paper to eliminate smearing from the squeegee.  I suggest trimming the rice paper in a cloud-like

I bought a roll of rice paper at Michael's.  I've used both ink jets and color laser printers but prefer lasers because of the crisper images.

I also print my images "inverted" on the rice paper to eliminate smearing from the squeegee.  I suggest trimming the rice paper in a cloud-like pattern (avoid straight cuts) to minimize the appearance of the paper edge.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.